A. CALCULATE THE SURFACE
Wall length X wall height = Result A
- If there are openings (doors, windows):
Width wide X height open = Result B
Result A - Result B = Painting surface (m2)
Room length X room width = Paint surface (m2)
B. CALCULATE THE COLOR NEEDED
Divide the paint surface by the color covering power per liter. The result is the quantity of the colors that you will need for 1 layer (one hand). Then multiply the quantity by the number of hands (coats) that you are planing (or required) to paint and the result is the numver or liters that you have to use.
C. PREPERATION BEFORE PAINTING
Some of the materials that you will need before painting
D. SURFACE PAINTING
Types of Brushes
For corners and anything textured, you will need a round brush.
For larger surfaces, such as skirting boards and doors, you will need a regular brush with light hair.
For difficult surfaces, such as radiators, you will need a flexible crochet hook, or a roller suitable for radiators.
If you paint with varnishes or glossy paints, you will need a roll of short hair.
If you paint satin or mat colors, you will need a roll of medium hair.
If you want smooth (textured) results, you will need a roll of hair or a roll suitable for relief colors.
To spread the paint on the roll, use a painting boat.
E. SURFACE PREPARATION
Walls with cracks:
With the spatula, open the crack more and dust the residues with a brush. Garnish with suitable putty and then sandpaper. Stir the "Powder" in an ecological primer Smaltoplast Universal primer.
Peeled of walls:
Peel off the bulbs. Rub on sandpaper and then dust. If necessary, stock up properly.
Metal & Wooden Surfaces
Clean so that there is no oil or rust. If necessary, apply the appropriate primer.
Old walls with solvent based paint:
Σαπουνίστε, ξεβγάλετε, αφήστε να στεγνώσει και γυαλοχαρτάρετε. Μετά ξεσκονίστε και ασταρώστε κατάλληλα µε οικολογικό αστάρι Smaltox hydro.
Old watered colored Walls
Primer before painting with ecological Smaltoplast Universal primer (if the surface has been water-repainted many times) or otherwise with Smaltox Hydro ecological primer.
F. FOR A SUCCESSFUL RESULT
1. Start from the ceiling by painting the cuts on a flat brush. To avoid running on vertical walls, stick paper tape on the upper part of the wall.
2. Continue on a roll, applying the color in the direction of the light (from the window to the inside of the room). The color to be applied to the roll should be less dilute compared to what the cuts will be.
3. For perfect application, paint per m2 by crossing the passages.
4. Finish each square meter in a passage in the direction of the light. If there is light, you end up in the direction of the smallest dimension.
5. Continue on the vertical walls starting the roll from the middle of the wall and spreading it afterwards the colors up and down. Always "shove" in the same direction (up or down).
6. If you are painting a wall, divide the surface properly with paper tape. Remove the tape immediately as soon as you finish painting and before the paint dries completely.
7. Finish in detail: doors, windows, radiators, skirting boards.
8. To paint the windows, start by painting the frame from the outside to the straight. Continue in the frame. Finish on the side. When the paint is still fresh, be careful not to close the windows and get stuck.
9. To paint a door, first start with the socks (if any). Then continue painting from top to bottom (if the door is painted in its place) and "suck" in the same direction
G. You should paint attention to
Do not leave an unfinish wall.
Avoid running by dipping your brushes carefully in the paint.
Do not repaint a surface if it is not fully dry.
The primer - substrate of each surface is applied "one hand". The final paint is applied "two hands" or "three & more hands", depending on the light or dark shade of the selected color.